Tuesday 14 January 2014

Rumpelstiltskin

Bad, bad day at work. I came home determined to play - on D, tunes I know. I sat on my little stool with my eyes closed and just payed...mostly tunes I know, but also Dargai kept popping up.

As before, I start playing, I wonder what it is, I decide it's Bee and start playing that instead...wonder if it's Magersfontein, and get very confused. After a while I realise it's Dargai and then I can play it. I need to know the name to play it, somehow: having its name gives me power over it, as in all good fairy tales. This isn't true for all tunes, mind you. I'm rather vague on the names of the tunes in the Nova Scotia set. Maybe it's enough to know the name of the set. A mystery, anyway.

But who cares about work, anyway, when you have a little velvet monkey to soothe the day away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment