Sunday 2 June 2013

Captain's log

OK - so here we are in June, which means I need to find time every day, the allotment season has started in earnest and I have Christmas glittens to finish. Obviously something needs to give, and I think it has to be blogging. So my plan is to stick to the basics, as follows.

Day one
Time played: one hour, followed by time on the chanter and then fiddling around with Irish tunes on the whistle.
Tunes played: everything on my play list (bar Banks, Highlanders and Whistle), with dots, just to remind myself.
Notes: odd how I never have problems with bellows etc at sessions - presumably just that I have to concentrate on the tune it takes my mind of everything else. Trying to tap my foot with tunes.

Day two
Time played: 45 minutes
Tunes played: Tree, Town, Galloway, Castle, Teribus, King, Flett, Rocks - all dotless, just to prove I can. Barra, because I ought to nail this. Alick C McGregor, A part over and over until I started to get bits by heart, and the B a couple of times.
Notes: I seem to be pushing the bellows down on the outside, so wore them lower round my waist. Droneless, because my arms were tired from hoeing and raking at the plot. Everything works better when I stand up to play. A little foot tapping.

PS - also intending to record a lot, but without it taking too much piping time. Am asking the fan to write instructions for the big recording kit that plugs in to the mains - less hassle all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment