Monday 3 June 2013

Day three

Time played: 35 minutes, but I am playing quite intensely these days, with only a moment or two between tunes.

Tunes played: My Home Town - had to resort to dots for the B part (no - I can't explain it either); King (over and over and round and round and still not getting it note perfect every time); Galloway (no problems);  Flett (fine once I remembered how it starts...); Alick (abut half of the A part by heart, starting on the B part. I need to listen to it.)

Instrument: Monkey in A (as were days 1 and 2).

Foot tapping: I tried, and then forgot, and ended up walking around instead. I've seen pipers (GHB) walk up and down, and they seem to pace on the spot at each end. I think this must be stop themselves making themselves dizzy...

Recording: the fan has most generously emailed me the manual for the recording kit. Guess what I'll being while the band practises tomorrow...!

Notes: playing without drones. Main chanter reed sometimes squeaky. Grace notes sounding good.

No comments:

Post a Comment