Monday 14 September 2015

Change of heart

I seem to be spending a lot of time looking forward at the moment. I ordered a pre-publication knitting book, some plants due for delivery this month, oh, and of course I am looking forward to this daily playing having an obvious impact.

Today I left work late (a return of the project that ate up too much of my life last year), remembered that my plan for dinner was at the more time-consuming end of my culinary repetoire, that I have a letter to write and bills to play, thought of squeezing in some playing time...and ended up hoping that the long-awaited box of veg plants would not arrive today.

Luckily, no plants. So I played Braemar, not exactly ad nauseum but certainly to the point where various bits started breaking, so I think it's ready to hibernate for a while.

Last night (seemingly the whole night) I had Brandy going round in my head, including Realta's variations. Yesterday the fan taught me a two note variation and amended a persistent error. Today I struggled with the tune, fell over the amended note, remembered where the variation lived, but having tried it couldn't remember what came after it. It was enough to make me wish the plants had arrived after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment