Thursday 10 September 2015

Solemnisation

I feel quite tired today, perhaps the change of the season. My bed is so snug when the alarm goes off that it's hard to drag myself out of it.

I still wanted to play. I thought of just playing through a couple of Tunes-I-Can-Play-When-I-Am-Dead-On-My-Feet, which would probably be Rowan Tree, Dargai, Magersfontein, maybe Home Town. But the tune that has been in my head all day is Troy's Wedding. I thought it was probably a tall order, but I sat down without dots and set myself to play it. My fingers were cold and stupid and simply wouldn't bend properly at times, but I knew which shapes I needed to make, which notes to play. I had to go over and over the fourth part, then the full thing again, round the fourth again, slow then faster. The faster just happened. But I played it through with no dots, at last committed to memory. So now I must play it and play it, no dots and eventually I will be able to take it out to a session. It's been a long time coming....

No comments:

Post a Comment