Wednesday 16 September 2015

Counting chickens

The more I thought of the fan's plans for three of us to play together regularly the more I liked it. I began to think of sets and arrangements...and then our putative third replied to say he had plenty on his musical plate at present, and declined our offer...

Almost everything on the list played today, except Troy (which seems to have vanished entirely from my head), and Braemar, which probably won't suffer for another day of hibernation. I've got Even in the Rain on the stereo right now in the hope of encouraging it along.

Brandy has got a bit confused between where I do and don't insert variations, and I confused the issue further by realising that I've got some ungraced low A to C changes... The  variation still quite clear, but the original of the varied bar quite lost, and even with dots I was needing to think hard to get it right.

I tried pairing Ocean with Sleat. Could work, I think. I need to do more thinking about sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment