Friday 4 September 2015

Same old

Are bad things less bad when they are familiar? Every time I play a lot I quickly hit a point where everything goes pear-shaped. (I wonder why the shape of a pear should be used to express problems...)

At least when things do go pear-shaped it's not as bad as it used to be. I don't seem to overblow, lose all grace notes, lose my ability to read music, forget all my tunes, tense my thumbs. Touch wood.

It's just this ongoing issue of not being able to hold my pipes comfortably. If it was just my elbow I'd be assuming that the pipes were exacerbating a bit of work-induced RSI, but it's my right wrist, and my little finger.

It will be fine. We'll come through this. We always do. (And in looking for previous times I've played a lot I've realised that I haven't played daily since January 2014. Oh, the shame.) Scrap that - it was June 2014. I was misled by the lack of blog posts. But still - a whole year!

Limited tunes today due in part to problems and in part because I've been working at bits that need polish, not using dots, playing until something works, not just doing a three times through.

Ocean, Atholl Highlanders, Heroes, Brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment