Wednesday 9 September 2015

Free range

Decided to ignore the list of tunes being learned and play whatever came to mind. A couple of the current tunes tried to msucle in: Highlanders when I wanted the King, and Brandy, quite persistently, when I was trying for Flett. Had to get dots out in the end.

I played Flett, Bonnie Galloway, Dargai, Magersfontein, My Home Town, King of Laoise, MacIntyre's Farewell, Capt Angus L MacDonald, Loch Bee. I was reasonably comfortable, cold hands being my biggest issue, and I really enjoyed it.

I did have to think about what tunes I know. It occurs to me that I haven't played Cabot Trail for a while, and that I keep thinking that's what I am playing when I play Father Johns's Boat Trip, when actually it's the Capt.  If he was a naval captain that would work out rather nicely! I need to make a list of all the tunes I know, just to remind myself.

I'm listening to a lot of music at the moment, lots of Braebach in the car and all sorts of stuff (well, all sorts of Scots and Irish trad) at home. Lots of pipes. Trying to resist the temptation to print dots for new tunes and at the moment the main thing holding me back is that I'd have to get them through pipetunes which involves spending some pennies....

No comments:

Post a Comment