Tuesday 1 September 2015

Father John's boat trip

As I walked to the allotment this evening to fetch spinach for cannelloni I found myself humming a medley of tunes that merged one into the other. One of them was Do You Love an Apple. Well, there's not much I can do about that, but the others were Father John and the Whaling Song so I thought I'd see if I could pair them up. Surely a man from Barra can't be adverse to water, and the narrator of the whaling song sounds as though some spiritual guidance wouldn't go amiss. They don't go badly together, as it happens, so it's a pairing I'll work on.

Other tunes this evening were:
Vittoria
Sleat and Braemar (I tried these two together but it was a non-starter, sadly)
Teribus (which randomly lost its D throws today)
Brandy, which I tried with Ocean, but it was hard to gauge the effect with only the A part of the Ocean. I did want to follow Brandy  with the Dragon,  but the dragon was nowhere to be found this evening.
Troy and Atholl Highlanders: not together, but both still giving problems with the interface between speed and accuracy.
Miss G.

Elbow problems again, although it was already tender from over use of my PC's keyboard at work today. I enjoyed my playing and am really looking forward to this month of piping.

No comments:

Post a Comment