Friday 11 September 2015

I do, I do, I don't

Troys's Wedding again. It started well. I wanted to slow it down, but fingers wanted fast. The more I played the more it fell apart, but I'm not worried: this has happened before, this whole getting worse before it gets better shtick. I need to give it a break now to let it simmer in my brain.

Also played Braemar, which is ok as long as I remember that the note I need in the run up to get it right is C. Father John's Boat Trip to Nova Scotia, Miss Girdle (the final phrase over, and over, and over....), Troy again, Brandy (which I am feeling quite fond of having listened to Realta yesterday). The door bell rang and I went to pieces, knowing I was being heard by an unknown quantity...so flipped in to Dargai and Bee and ended up with the Heroes.

Yesterday I listened to an elderly recording of Troy. I've improved since then. Must get around to recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment