Sunday 13 September 2015

Tipping point

At last the daily playing is starting to bear fruit. The Sound of  Sleat  is almost there dotless, the escond part oddly being the most stubborn, but I played over and round it today and will work on it again tomorrow. Then I played something esle and intended to drop into Sleat,  realised I had begun something else and took a moment to identify Braemar. I think this is the first time I've played it spontaneously, without a conscious decision to do so.

I played everything except Troy, Dragon and Brandy. Dragon  is falling by the wayside again. Brandy I played later on when the fan and I played together for a while and he showed me a variation on the tune, which we then had to re-vary for the Monkey's (lack of) range. Some tunes seems quite fast. Too fast, for some, the fan said. He's out of practice and his finger tips are soft and he struggled to keep up. Sometimes I struggle to keep up...

The fan also tried to tempt me to play Troy, but I resisted because I know that if you disturb the  chrysalis of a pupating tune too soon all you find is a messy green gunk. Troy  will come to my fingers of its own accord when its ready to hatch.

And speaking of hatching, we conceive of an idea for a regular musical threesome, which may or may not go anywhere, but will at least ensure that we both play reasonably regulalry and that we we play together. The fan is typing the email invitation to the third now...

No comments:

Post a Comment