Friday 25 September 2015

Now don't wash your hands

Things are falling into place rather nicely now, I feel. I ran through everything this evening, even a rather ragged Dragon that arrived out of the blue. For variety, and just because they came to mind - or fingers - I threw in McIntyre's Farewell, My Home Town...and possibly another which I've forgotten already.

Braemar had a couple of slips and hitches, Sleat went well, John Macmillan is good with that muddled two bars slowly sorting themselves out.

At one point I decided to wash my hands. My fingers felt very slightly sticky, and also cold. I removed the bellows, which had been very comfortable, washed my hands, replaced bellows...and at once had problems with bellows, wrist, little finger which I just couldn't sort out. I played Troy, but it was a challenge with the bellows fighting against me. Oddly the 4th part is now a doddle, and it's the 3rd part that was causing me problems.

But things are falling into place. I have potential new tunes that will be session ready come October. I'm reminded again of how good it is to play every day. I wish I had the time to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment