Wednesday 23 September 2015

Oh, go on then

I played through pretty much everything today, with the exception of the poor, defunct Dragon and Miss G. I just forgot about her, somehow. I threw in Flett, just for a change.

Battling away with Brandy. No idea why I find it so complicated. Played a little bit of Troy. It has totally failed to bubble back up into my musical memory, but a glance at the opening bar of the fourth part had me racing off, then I had hideous problems with the interface between arm and bellows, and the fan made a throwaway remark that disheartened me, so I abandoned for the day.

I was trying to think of the month (so far) in terms of tunes learned. I think I'd be happy enough to play Father Macmillan's Boat Trip to Nova Scotia at a session, but only one of those is new, and I have played Father John at a session once before.

Heroes is good to go, but I am not sure about pairing it with the Highlanders, unless it was a small session with no audience on an afternoon where my playing had been going very well. Should be fine with Dargai, and presumably therefore with Bee as well. You wait forever for a three tune set and then two come along at once...

Braemar does finally feel as though it is ready to go public, but probably not as part of a set (with Magersfontein  or anything else) just yet. Ocean would be fine if I could ever get the fan to work out the second part for me again. Brandy and Miss G still need a lot of work. Sleat is close, I think, and as for Troy, I'll reinstate it on my playlist tomorrow and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment