Monday 3 December 2012

Amazing Grace

First posted Oct 31st, 2012 by newpiper


I meant to play a lot this week, while I'm off work, and somehow it hasn't worked out that way. The fan is out this evening, and I'm pretty sure the neighbours are out too, so I could have a real pipefest, but I found out this afternoon that a cat who used to visit us a lot was knocked down and killed by a car on Friday. It has really upset me, and I hoped piping might cheer me up, but all my fingers will play is Amazing Grace, which is lovely, but not one for lifting you up when you're down. Dotless - from nowhere, as it were - first came to me when I was thinking about Willie. Not a great version here - denuded of grace notes (I can hear them but not play them) - muddled start, and I all but dropped the pipes at the end - but played with love.
Recording - Amazing Grace.





Amazing Grace on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment