Monday 3 December 2012

Too Tired To Think

First posted Nov 12th, 2012 by newpiper

Music in my head all day and as soon as I got home and got the most pressing chores out of the way out came Morag. Rather tired, and struggled to recall whole tunes. Tried a few times over with various tunes and then gave in and resorted to dots. The problem with dots now, with a tune I know, I play the tune without looking at the dots, then when I'm not sure of a note I have to frantically scan the dots to work out where I am and what the next note is. My Home Town I managed to play with no prompting.

Teribus coming on nicely. That grip on the high A (do I mean grip? Too tired to think and can't be bothered to dig the green book out) arrived neatly and sounds great, although I am just assuming I am playing it right and haven't yet stopped to watch myself, as it were, to check that I am doing it right. Sometimes I find that missing out a grace note confuses me as to where I am in the tune, sometimes grace notes add themselves without my hardly noticing (which I think is terribly bad grammar but I am just too tired to think this evening).

Less than five months until the monkey is ready. Hopefully I'll have got a decent repertoire by then and have really improved. Still hoping to be able to put sets together and play three tunes straight through, with repeats, dotless, no errors. I think that's a reasonable aspiration, although I do need to get some faster tunes in to make up sets - too many slow and steady tunes doesn't make for good sets.

I noticed this evening that I am rocking between bellows and bag, tensing my shoulders, but I think that's tiredness. And I think the remembering tunes is not so much tiredness as my mind still being half on work and other things, instead of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment