Monday 3 December 2012

Off By Heart

First posted Aug 21st, 2012 by newpiper

Yet another post without a recording...

Found half an hour to play this evening before I needed to start cooking. It has been a bit warm of late for playing, so it seems like a while. Fought with the bellows connector for a while until I realised that the last time the tube had come off the connector I'd managed to put the connector into the tube back to front...

I deliberately didn't get any sheet music out. I managed bits of Banks of Allen, the whole of the A part of Barren Rocks, ditto Castle Dangerous. Even with the fan playing it for me I totally failed more than a couple of chunks of Home Town (the first two notes are the same as the castle so I kept going in to that instead). Barra just wouldn't come to me. The Highlanders...well, they are coming on.

Anyway, considering this is the first I've tried by heart from a standing stop, as it were - that is, I've not just that moment played from dots - I don't think it was too bad a showing.

Still dithering over the exact spec for my new set of pipes and pestering Mr Kinnear with random questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment