Saturday 22 December 2012

I wish I could fly

Two days before I finished work my back rebelled against my not very comfortable office chair and I'm suffering from stiffness and horrible twinges in my lower back. When I lifted my pipes this evening they seemed to weigh a tonne. I strapped them on, but they're not quite right. The strap makes my ribs ache, the bellowing makes my back ache, and the bellows are putting pressure on my hip bone and the bellows strap is at an odd angle, cutting off blood supply and making my fingers number.

Despite all this I haven't done too badly. I'm still fighting the barren rocks. Sometimes I get them off pat, especially the first part, and at a real lick. Sometimes my fingers go too fast and fall over themselves. Often the B part gets mucked up. Struggling to get Teribus at all today. Bonnie Galloway comes and goes.

Still wanting to play a tune twice over, followed by another tune twice over. I got half way there with the Rowan Tree and the Barren Rocks of Aden. The Rowan Tree, twice through, no problems at all, but I fell flat on my face (metaphorically speaking) about three notes in to the Rocks. I think what had happened was that I'd got into the zone with the tree, and could have gone round and round forever, but the change of tempo pulled me out of the zone and left me feeling disorientated.

The fan says I'm like a fledgling that is flapping its wings and looking as though any moment now it's going to be able to fly. Personally, I'm starting to feel like Orville: I wish I could fly, but I can't. Appropriately for all these ornithological comments, the tune is The Rowan Tree, twice through, with the same error repeated throughout...


Check this out on Chirbit




No comments:

Post a Comment