Monday 3 December 2012

Dandelions

First posted May 22nd, 2012 by newpiper

Another period without playing. I played two tunes at the session on Sunday before last. Much as I enjoyed going the first time the session is changing in nature as it grows and it makes less sense for me to be there. I don’t think I’ll go again, so if I want to play with other people then I do need to get some tunes up to scratch – dotless and a decent speed. After the session I had my knitting deadline, which I miserably failed to hit, so I still have knitting to do, and one day has been lost due to arm ache following a blood test. I can’t work out why having blood taken should make your arm ache for a day, but it does. I did manage half an hour on Sunday evening and it didn’t go too badly, and I actually felt – if it hadn’t been dinner time – that I could have gone on because I felt I was breaking through the tiredness. At least these days I am primed to know what bad habits tiredness and lack of practice cause - like pumping madly instead of putting pressure through from my bag arm – so I can watch out for those things and avoid them or adjust them. Today is band practice which means everyone gets to play music all evening, except me. I’ll be down the allotment addressing my dandelion problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment