Monday 3 December 2012

Random Ramblings

First posted Sep 11th, 2012 by newpiper

On Sunday, after I’d posted and played, I went back and listened to the earlier recordings I’d made of the Banks. Bearing in mind those were with dots my new version really does sound more like a tune and less like a loose affiliation of notes. So I was quite pleased with that, in the end.

As always seems to happen when I commit myself to saving up for something, I've suddenly seen a heap of things I really want. These are mostly CDs. I've been looking for some other smallpipers to listen to. I could listen to Iain MacInnes forever, but I feel it would do me good to listen to some different styles and approaches. I poked around on Footstompin’ and found the various Grand Concert of Piping CDs and a couple of Allan MacDonald with Margaret Stewart. There’s also a compilation from a Hamish Moore piping concert that looks good. Then All Celtic Music have now got the third in the trilogy from Duncan Chisholm, which isn't pipes, but is Scottish; and an intriguing CD featuring nykelharpa and Irish pipes.

Neither of these were the reason I logged on to post this evening, but the reason clearly isn't going to come back to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment