Monday 3 December 2012

Matching Set

First posted Jun 3rd, 2012 by newpiper

At the end of my big session on Friday I discovered Vicki had updated her blog with a new podcast and a very nice tune, Vintage Puget. Playing it today it occurred to me that it would go well with Dusty Pipes, and so it does. The fan says all the two need now is a reel on the end, but reels are beyond me at present.

After that I played around with The Rowan Tree and stuck Atholl Highlanders on the end. These also make a good pair, except I keep fluffing the highlanders. It's ridiculous because I know that I know the tune, and when I try to play each part once only, slowly, I find myself speeding up and playing each part twice. More practice.

The fan was hoping I could play the Rowan Tree and the Atholl Highlanders with him accompanying, and that we could record it. However, apart from the fluffing issue I've also found that after an hour this morning my arms are very tired this afternoon and I am really not up to it.

Leaning point for today: it's pointless setting the kitchen timer to tell you when to take bread out of the oven when you're playing pipes. The timer needs to be a lot louder to make itself heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment