Monday 3 December 2012

Birthday Girl

First posted Nov 13th, 2012 by newpiper

You would have thought that the occasion of going out and buying your first ever set of pipes would stick in your mind. I know it was this time of year, but don't seem to have mentioned it in my diary or appointments diary. I know that once I had discovered that Simon Hope was just up the road I went to see him quite quickly. I'm not sure if that was out of excitement or not wanting to lose my nerve. It's a serious outlay - you can't get a cheap set in Hobgoblin as you can with many instruments, and the number of instruments I've tried and abandoned in my life is rather long...

The second time I saw Simon he had a set ready, which just happened to be the very spec I wanted, so I bought them. I'm not sure who was more surprised: Simon or me. I couldn't play them, but I parted with a large cheque and came home happy.

There's been a lot to learn in this first year. We've had our ups and downs, and some teething problems. It has taken us a while to get used to each other and feel comfortable together, but as difficult and frustrating as it is I wouldn't ever want to go back. She has changed my life in so many ways and even, I think, brought me closer to my fan. In short, she's one helluva girl, and I love her!

Happy Birthday, Morag!

No comments:

Post a Comment