Monday 3 December 2012

Scotland The Brave

First posted Jul 8th, 2012 by newpiper

So – I am playing, despite the lack of posts – maybe three times this week? Still not feeling greatly comfortable with the bellows – way too much tension in my right shoulder. But the fan says I’m picking up speed and I am also very close to having part one of the barren rocks by heart. Hopefully this process of tune learning will get easier. At the moment I feel that that the tunes are picking me, as it were – one decides to stick with me, rather than anything that I choose consciously to do. I find that a chunk has just happened, and then I have to work like billy-o to get the missing chunks into my head. One chunk will oust another as if I only have enough space in my brain for a certain number of bars, and then if I push it and push it I get a little expansion of tune memory space and suddenly there I am with a whole tune. At least – here’s hoping.

Still being distracted by tennis. Feeling a bit like Andy Murray – one run through and I’ll feel I've got the tune nailed, through again and I make a really basic error on a note I know – next time round can’t even start – next time feeling close....It’s exhausting. Hope the neighbours like this tune – dread to think how many times I've played it this afternoon.

One clean run through of the highlanders - slow, but almost note perfect – very close.

Oh – next month we potter up to Scotland and while we are there we will be paying a visit to Mr Kinnear.

The post title is for Andy - one brave Scot. Next year, Andy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment