Monday 3 December 2012

Cooking with Gas

First posted May 25th, 2012 by newpiper

I was persuaded by the Fan to play this evening, despite the fact that it's Friday, I'm tired, it has been rather warm, and I've had two glasses of wine. I had very low expectations, and perhaps it was that, or perhaps the wine clouded my judgement, but this evening things went very well indeed. I had good steady pressure, I remembered notes and played them in the right order at a decent speed. Both the Highlanders and That Tune sounded very good indeed.

I did fiddle with my bellows strap as I've finally worked out the it's the strap itself dropping down my arm that rubs in the crook of my elbow. I tightened it up and ended up with it pinching my upper arm instead.

Of course I didn't even get the recorder out, so you have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment