Monday 3 December 2012

It Was All Going So Well

First posted Jun 4th, 2012 by newpiper 

The fan is keen for us to record, and I really wanted to practice every day this week, while I'm not at work, but it's not going well. I try and try with the highlanders. I've tried with three drones, two drones and none. I've tried on the chanter. I've tried playing the parts in reverse order to force me to concentrate on the tune. I've tried playing very slowly indeed. But whatever I do I cannot get a perfect run through and the bits I fluff are the moves into the two phases that repeat over and over so it's not that I don't know them. 

Also one of those days where despite the fan being on tuning duty the drones sound bad, and I know I am pumping too much and feel I have too much pressure in the system, and both arms are moving too much, making my shoulders sore. Oddly, sometimes when there seems to be too much air and I try to use some in the bag before pumping then when I get to the bellows they just flap flat shut when I squeeze, putting through no air at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment